Happy Thanksgiving! It’s the start of my favorite time of year (at work not so much) but I’m looking so forward to a day of seeing family. Nick and I are embarking on our first ever Thanksgiving Tour- 3 households- lunch at my extended family’s place, dinner at his family’s place, and dessert at my Aunt’s house. We’re traveling with snickerdoodles, brussel sprouts w/ pancetta, ‘Run for the Roses’ Pie, and some rosemary biscuits. Should be exciting, should be lots of food and I’m breaking my vegatarian (throughout the week) meals for a feast of turkey, ham, Lechon (holla), and an array of sides and sweets. So psyched.
Of course, everyday I thank my stars for all the good things in my life. But in the spirit of the holiday, let me break it down:
- Nick. Never has anyone ever understood me, made me laugh, made me feel at ease like this dude. Seriously. Last year when we moved in together it was a bit nerve-racking, but after soul searching and just growing up,
- My Family. I’ve grown closer to my mom and dad over the past couple of years, and after this year, since I’ve been out of their house and on my own, I’ve realized how much I love em and care for them. My brother and I are making small steps to becoming close, and he will always be Little Brudder. My extended family, cousins, everyone-so happy they’re in my lives.
- My Friends. I’ve realized that I’ve had to let some friends go, and that’s fine. I think that’s what you come to when you’re at a certain age. But hey that’s cool. And also with that, I’ve met some rad people this year so I think it all balances out. I know I have my friends I see every week and the friends I see once a year, and I’m thankful that I have them.
- Roof over my head, my job, my health, pantry of food, etc. That’s pretty much a given.
Now for some materialistic things…
- The Get Up Kids (I’m still in that kick!)
- my iPhone (life has been slightly more awesome because of it)
- my rad hunter hat that keeps me head super warm when I’m lounging around my house